When I started at my new company we were running in a mixed environment (Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007). There were a number of configuration items that just didn’t make sense and the previous Exchange guy was no longer there. I quickly began rebuilding the Exchange 2007 environment.
When I built some new Exchange 2007 servers we installed them in a new AD site (DFW). We installed the following roles:
2 – CAS servers
2 – Hub servers
1 – CCR Mailbox Cluster
After moving a couple of users to the new site their Blackberry stopped working. After
First we tried these steps.
Set BlackBerry Permissions on the Server:
To set Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions, complete the following steps:
1. Click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 > Exchange Management Shell.
2. Click Start > Run.
3. Type cmd.
4. Press Enter.
5. Type the following line, and then press Enter:
get-mailboxserver E2K7SERVER| add-adpermission -user BESADMIN -accessrights GenericRead, GenericWrite -extendedrights Send-As, Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin
Where E2K7SERVER is the name of the Microsoft Exchange 2007 Server and BESADMIN is the name of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account.
To verify the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions, complete the following steps:
Click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 > Exchange Management Shell.
In the command prompt window, type the following:
get-mailboxserver Exchange2007 | get-ADpermission -user BESAdmin | Format-List
This fixed the problem:
get-mailboxdatabase E2K7SERVER\SGNAME\DBNAME | add-adpermission -user BESADMIN -accessrights GenericRead, GenericWrite -extendedrights Send-As, Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin